Stephen Williams - Candidate for U.S. Senate

Posted by Jeff

Prairie Fire a campaign for U.S. Senate:

Stephen Williams like many Americans wants to see the problems that have been bounced around for as long as anyone can remember get solved. Like most of us his frustration is that Administration after Administration does nothing to resolve the problems.
I heard Stephen Williams speak at the Congressional District 4 convention; his proposal for using a National Sales Tax to pay for Social Security, Health Care, and to reduce the National Debt. His proposals are not new, they been circulating for at least twenty years and probably much longer, the first time I heard the same basic principals were from my father before the 1980 Presidential Elections.
While he might be the world’s greatest farmer and have the answers to resolve every issue facing America what he doesn’t have is the ability to speak well in public. He read his speech from the paper it was written on without once looking up from it. By the end of speech at the CD4 convention I was staring at the Visual Aid Board and wondering what had been partially erased.
I give him high marks for making this run; however his uninspired speech left me with little doubt that I would not be supporting his candidacy at the State Convention.

0 comments: