Jim Haviland - Candidate for U.S. Senate

Posted by Jeff

I unfortunately must rely on the written word, specifically Jim’s web-site in order to judge the merits of his candidacy for U.S. Senate as I have not heard him speak in person.

Jim presents the every man story on his web-site, at some point while minding his own business the Politicians got side tracked and are no longer doing what they are supposed to be doing, and now that they made him “mad enough” he wants to go to Washington and correct the problems.

I do not necessarily agree on equalizing the Tax Burden, however I am sure that if he and I were to have a conversation we probably agree that the current Tax Burden is the highest on the Upper Middle Class and that it should be equalized between all those that can afford it.

I firmly agree that everyone graduating High School should do Federal Service, however I think that goes beyond Military Service, the Peace Corps, the Freedom Corps, and other organizations are just as important. And the reward should be the training required to be a productive citizen in the U.S., if you want to be a Auto Mechanic than your training should move you down that road.

If Jim gives an awe inspiring speech at the State Convention I will be more than willing to support his candidacy with my first vote; however as it stands he will be my second Choice.

0 comments: